Thursday, June 3, 2010

Three-day pig tails

Girls are funny. Tastes fluctuate, depending on the mood. And when they do, opinions can be very strong. Hair styles and clothing choices are very important. One day, we LOVE this shirt, and THESE shoes...oh, and my hair looks GREAT like this!! The next day..we wouldn't be caught dead in such a look. I admire how Isabel knows what she likes and wants 99% of the time. I think there is nothing cuter than braids and pig tails on little girls. But, that's me. Isabel, often rolls her eyes and just says, "mom...noooo". But then there are the days when she says, "Will you put 5 braids in my hair? No, 6! Oh, and these 8 hair clips too"? Now that she is growing her hair "looong", she has been a little more open to the game "let's play hair salon". The other day she came home from our beloved neighbor's house, with a complete DO, curls and all. She looked like a southern belle on her way to cotillion. She was beaming. Now that almost all her hair can fit into one pony tail...pig tails are definitely in! So in, in fact, that she sometimes doesn't want to take them out. For days. I love watching them devolve and take on a life of their own. I'm amazed how after a long day, they survive a bath, then a good long sleep, a shower the next morning, and still, they carry on. Bring on the snarls and scruff!












No comments:

Post a Comment