Saturday, December 26, 2009

Desert Sky


Crazy blue wind swept sky. Clouds like you kind of don't believe. So big, and powerful- at least in how they effect light. The shadows they cast. Palm Springs isn't the Nowhere kind of desert experience, but still,  it is the in-the-middle-of-nowhere kind of weird place.  Like Vegas, the sense of inescapable nature is brutal and it abounds, yet...man-made stubborn-ness prevails. Makes me feel small.  Such a strange culture, the people that run to and settle in the desert. Characters galore. The cocktail lounge is a true gem in these parts.  The pictures here capture the light and the beauty that never fails to strike me. I didn't really like the shots I took of what I just described. Perhaps it's the optimist in me... 









No comments:

Post a Comment