Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Merry Happy Roundup


Looking back already, the holidays were filled with festive and funny moments. I am appropriately exhausted, but the weight of fatigue is a satisfying one. As stressful as all the stuff can be, I really do enjoy it. I know I am not alone in this sentiment. The house smells like douglas fir and mildly spicy candles...oh, and and the Viola family lasagna made with Pastene tomatoes....so good. The lights are twinkling, the dog is barking constantly because packages are constantly arriving...my daughter is beyond psyched as the countdown begins. (even though we think she is already skeptical about the whole Santa-idea). The scene is joyous. The stretch to New Years was a bit of a hedonistic blur. The house looks like a bomb went off- and I don't care. Watching movies, making pancakes, eating leftovers, cracking nuts and making martinis...Hello, 2010! I feel kind of gross. The first day of every year usually doesn't have that "fresh as a daisy" recall, does it? Hence the self-portrait. I used to do this "photo 101" style shot a lot in my 20s...Looking in the mirror I still feel like that same girl...I guess I am just more grateful for the blown-out of the flash now.















No comments:

Post a Comment