Sunday, October 30, 2011

What Would the Wolfman Do

Does Halloween exist without the Wolfman? It's kind of unimaginable. With Mike gone on tour for a few months, Isabel and I are doing our best to carry on, step it up, and channel the spirit of the Wolfman in LA. While I still don't have a knack for extension cords and ladders and wires (I love you, Liz!), over the years, I guess I have picked up a few tips from the best. I'm even thinking of bringing some dry ice into the mix. It definitely won't be the same without the scariest, most fun Dad ever, but- the tricks and treats will prevail. Thankfully, we have my brother and family in town from China and our awesome crafty neighbors to help get things appropriately creepy and festive. Turns out my brother is a fantastic pumpkin carver. Who knew? And thank goodness, because carving pumpkins is certainly not on my list of joyous parental tasks. I'd much rather bake bloody fingers, which are going in the oven later today.











1 comment: